Sunday, August 31, 2014

Home Again/Tale of Two Wolves

Made it home yesterday and all-in-all I'd call our vacation....interesting. :P It seemed to be the vacation for various ailments (these included migraines, stomach issues, allergic reactions to the bed, toddler puking, and bad sunburn) and there was high tide a lot of the time so we weren't in the water as often as usual. But we visited Boardwalks and ate a ton of junk-fudge, icecream, pizza, candy and popcorn- (bleh....kind of regretting that. not a normal routine for us), played in an arcade, bought trinkets for ourselves and people back home and did a lot of relaxing. I had a few books to go through, one about True Cat Stories, and Chicken soup book about True Dog Stories, and when we visited a fancy bookstore I finally bought; "Four; A Divergent Collection." XD Yay!! And I also purchased 2 bumper-magnets for my car. One saying; "My friends are crazy but I love them" and the other "I love my rescue dog." And my sister got a Hermit Crab, which she named "Neil."

Now to get to the more serious part. This quote caught my eye today, so I thought I'd share.

An old man told his grandson; "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, jealousy, greed, inferiority, lies and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, love,  hope, peace, humility, kindness, empathy, and truth." The boy thought about it and asked; "Grandfather, which wolf wins?" The old man quietly replied; "The one you feed."

How true this is. The Bible warns us against those evil qualities, telling us that the latter is what God loves, and the former He hates. Because we are sinful we are going to want to feed the Evil wolf when God commands us to starve him. Ask Him to help you want to feed the Good wolf instead.

"Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." ~Galatians 5:20-23 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment