Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Small things matter too.

I was recently faced with a situation and it got me thinking about how often we neglect little things in life. I'm not talking about tasks, I'm talking in terms of morality. How we often think that we're ok because we don't commit the "big sins" like murder, but we are so focused on that, we forget that we fall short in the small things, and that God cares about those things too.

Usually, you are entrusted with small things before big things. Handling the small things show you are mature enough to handle the big things. I find Christians tend to do things backwards. They focus on not murdering etc. but ignore smaller things that "don't matter." We says things like:

"Well, it'll be ok if I tell a white lie. Its not a REAL lie. God wont mind."

"Its just a tiny quiz sheet, it wont hurt to look up the answers."

But God says:

"Lying lips [are] abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly [are] his delight." ~Proverbs 12:22

"Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another." ~Ephesians 4:25

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin." ~James 4:17 

"A false balance [is] abomination to the LORD: but a just weight [is] his delight." ~Proverbs 11:1

These are just a few verses.

My point is, God sees EVERYTHING we do. We need to think about what He would think about us doing-or not doing-something. Is God going to be pleased with how I am doing my buisness? With how I treat others? Is He going to be happy about this white lie? How about peeking at answers for a homework sheet or copying off of someone else's work? Is He happy about how I have kept The Lord's Day this week? Would He like the music I am listening to, or the movies I am watching?

These are things we must consider. And we will find the answers in His Word. That is what it is there for.

Remember we have said before how we are to be separate from the world? If you were put on trial and accused of being a Christian, will they find enough evidence to convict you? The world will notice how we glorify God in ALL life's areas, and God will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment